Re: [AD] On const and AL_CONST.

On Monday 16 May 2005 10:36, StApostol wrote:
> If I remember correctly, the AL_CONST is useful because some platforms
> do not support the const identifier. Is this still needed (does
> allegro actually support - work on - any compilers that do not support
> const)?

Watcom, I think, doesn't have the const keyword.

> If yes then I'll change all stray const references to AL_CONST
> (but why aren't there any reports of problems with these references?)

In practice, no one uses compilers that are so broken that the problem
shows up? ;)
Or, the consts are in platform-specific source code for platforms where the
problem doesn't show up.

> If no, it would be nice to change all 'AL_CONST's to 'const's for the
> sake of following the standards (and cleaning up the Source).

I'd prefer using `const' to AL_CONST and define `const' rather than
`AL_CONST' for broken (ie, old) compilers. Maybe something we can discuss
for post 4.2 development.

Evert