Re: [AD] Old problems that still persist on Allegro 4.2 beta 3

On 2005-05-31, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We also need to find the best way yet how to integrate AllegroGL. Could
> leave it as a separate CVS repository, or else just an additional
> src/opengl directory. Bob probably should decide. What we need for sure
> is better integration, i.e. Allegro must be able to already create the
> OpenGL context, else too much code is duplicated (like window creation,
> AllegroGL programs have no alex icon because of it :(). Peter said he
> has a test version of new_api_branch working with OpenGL already.. so we
> should be able to start from that..

FWIW all I have done is spliced AllegroGL CVS directories into
new_api_branch directories, like this:

	include/allegro		-- from allegro CVS tree
	include/allegro/alleggl	-- from alleggl CVS tree
	src/			-- from allegro CVS tree
	src/alleggl		-- from alleggl CVS tree

Only a few local modifications were required to the AllegroGL sources,
as the GFX_DRIVER vtables haven't changed yet between 4.2 and 4.3
branches.  I didn't try to change any API functions at all and the whole
thing is really buggy, so I doubt it will be of any help :-)

How to proceed with integration also depends on how much we actually
want to pull in from AllegroGL.  This in turn depends on whether we want
to retain compatibility for existing AllegroGL programs, and if we do,
whether the AllegroGL project will track 4.3 development (unlikely).

Peter