Re: [AD] Old problems that still persist on Allegro 4.2 beta 3

> How to proceed with integration also depends on how much we actually
> want to pull in from AllegroGL.  This in turn depends on whether we want
> to retain compatibility for existing AllegroGL programs,

That is a good point that I somehow hadn't considered.
In a broader sense, this does not only apply to AllegroGL but to other
addons that use Allegro's internals as well: the internal structure of the
library will be completely different and the addon will need to be adjusted
or possibly rewritten to work with 4.3 and up.
The upside is that it will weed out any outdated and dead addons. The
downside is that it will be a while before some addons work (well) with the
new Allegro.

As for AllegroGL itself, I would prefer to see OpenGL support in Allegro
itself, which to me basically means pulling in all of AllegroGL. That said,
we will want to consider how to handle many things in there. Probably best
to hear from Bob first.

Evert