Re: [AD] Framebuffer resolution problems

On 2005-05-01, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I reverted modifications by John Utz and Eric (no attribution
> > in cvs log), basically from 1.29 to 1.27 and now it works again:
>
> Framebuffer doesn't seem to work with my card, so can't test. I
> guess it's up to you what to do about this..

I wouldn't bother. In fact, I'm not bothering, I just happened to
check and was surprised Allegro crashed. My feeling is that the
people who reported problems fixed them in a way which happened
to work for their fb configuration, and none of the three versions
really work for all cases.

Thus, fixing this would require learning how framebuffer works
and reviewing the code, a more lengthy task I won't do. If you
look at the dates of those changes in CVS you can see Allegro
possibly doesn't have any fb users at all. Maybe we should disable
framebuffer autodetection until everybody who proposed changes to
the code agrees on a version which works for him/her?