Re: [AD] Problem with joystick on Windows XP

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 22:35 +0300, Kimon wrote:

> I hope I could help.
> If you who know better your routines have no time to look at this, you
> could ask me to help

Thank you for the detailed report, and the offer to help. Myself, I have
no joystick, so I can't do much, except try to give some hints what you
could try.

First, I assume, you use a recent version of Allegro, or CVS.

Next - there are 2 joystick drivers for windows, try forcing a specific
one by passing JOY_TYPE_DIRECTX and JOY_TYPE_WIN32 to install_joystick,
instead of the JOY_TYPE_AUTODETECT. (DIRECTX is default, so WIN32 is
what you want to try) I guess, both will just use the first device.. and
therefore both not work for you, I have no idea though.

In any case, you find the source code for the drivers in the following
files, respectively: src/win/wjoydx.c and src/win/wjoyw32.c. (And some
more related code in src/win/wjoyhelp.c.)

--
Elias Pschernig