Re: [AD] grabber.txt moved => bug

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 20:08 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:

> Any thoughts on this? As far as I can see, the grabber can't actually make
> any assumptions about where to find grabber.txt. Personally, I certainly
> don't run it from a location where it will find ../docs/txt/grabber.txt...
> I think we should restore the old behavior in the sense that grabber.txt is
> also copied to the tools directory. We can then tell the user that s/he
> has to place the grabber.txt file in the same directory as the executable
> if s/he attempts to move it (although we should not put it
> in /usr/local/bin ourselves). It still seems the savest option to me,
> except for making a config variable that the grabber can check to find
> grabber.txt (that may be a good idea anyway).
> Thoughts?

What about a config entry "[grabber]docs_path"? After all, we already
have a section [grabber], so why not put it to some good use. The
default value for it would then be "../docs/txt" - so for new users
running it the first time out of the tools directory, it would work, on
all platforms. Then under unix, where we install the executable,
distributions could modify the standard path to e.g.
"/usr/share/allegro-tools", or I think some distribution actually keep a
structure with one-dir-per-app, so they would even keep the default
path, as would windows users.

--
Elias Pschernig