Re: [AD] Empty Datafile Bug

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 00:02 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > Hm, Evert, Peter: Since many editors seem to do this, and it's often
> > hard to find the setting to disable it.. what do you think about one big
> > space-removal patch? Should be a matter of a simple grep..
>
> I agree with Peter, now's not the time. If we want to do this, then I'd say
> do it for 4.3 once that is changed so drastically that it is basically new
> code, if it is nescessary (which it may not even be because much of the
> code would be rewritten from scratch anyway). As a proof-of-concept, can
> you do a quick check that shows the extend of the problem?

Well, it's not a real problem, just somewhat annoying, comparable to
something like a typo in a comment. I usually fix them when they are
near somewhat else I edit (and as usually introduce both typos and empty
lines myself as well :P). Anyway, what exactly are the reasons against
it? I suppose, it has to do with merging branches in CVS?

> If and when we decide to do this anyway, can we also get rid of the silly
> `three space indent, but tab expands to 8 spaces' layout and just write 8
> spaces for 8 spaces rather than one tab? My editor can do it just fine, but
> it annoys me anyway.

Yes, please! I think I requested that already one or two times myself in
the past.

--
Elias Pschernig