Re: [AD] Problem with joystick on Windows XP

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

I don't know what implementation you are using, however, I could
contribute by coding this thing into allegro, if you like. I suppose
though that you are using something like DirectInput for the Windows
support.

I think so, yes. If you want to submit a new joystick driver that does not depend on DirectX, I think it would be a useful addition for the 4.3 branch.

4.1.x and 4.2.0 have both DirectX and non-DirectX based joystick drivers for Windows. At the moment the new_api_branch only has a DirectX-based driver.

Peter