Re: [AD] updated fix.bat to simplify MSVC target

> Earlier, someone said:
> Hmm, shouldn't that be
>
> if errorlevel 1 goto nogcc
> if errorlevel 1 goto helper_error

I tried that and it works as well. Perhaps the %ERRORLEVEL% is a NT/XP
thing. I'll check into it and see which ones work on 98 to XP.
(Probably the "if errorlevel" version.)

> fix.sh uses --utod, so that would probably be better than --crlf.

Ok, I've changed it.

> also think --quick should be retained, just in case there are some
> scripts relying on it.
> > >      The --quick switch was probably set up to mimic the UNIX build,
> >but I don't think there needs to be any relationship between the two.
>
> It would be nice if there was though.

Generally speaking the people using fix.bat aren't the same people
using fix.sh, so I don't think different parameters are anything to be
concerned about. The same concepts apply to both.

Regarding the --quick switch, which scripts use it? Couldn't they be
modified to just not use --quick anymore? This is a 4.2 release, we
might as well get things clean. ;)

For the time being, I've added the --quick switch as a silent
parameter. (It doesn't show up in the help, and does nothing - as the
default behavior is --quick.)

I'm going to try to fire up my Win98 machine and test it there. Let me
know if there are any other suggestions for the fix.bat. I'll send an
updated copy later today.

--
Matthew Leverton
http://www.allegro.cc