Re: [AD] show_os_cursor

Elias Pschernig wrote:

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 00:06 +0100, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
- The functions enable_hardware_cursor, disable_hardware_cursor,
select_mouse_cursor are gone, since they are no longer needed.
Hmm... can we remove symbols between WIPs? I guess so, as the docs explicitly state that WIP releases can break compatibility, but this still feels a bit iffy to me. I think this has always meant that symbols can be added in previous releases.

Symbols introduced during the WIP phase can be removed, and their semantics are allowed to change.

Are there precedents for this?

Maybe, but it doesn't matter.  A WIP is a WIP is a WIP.

Yes, so the next time they could be removed would be 4.3.x. We would
just mark them as deprecated. Hm, so actually everything marked as
deprecated sine 4.0 will be in 4.2?

Yes.

[I haven't received the previous messages yet, so API comments pending.]

Peter