Re: [AD] Add timeBeginPeriod(1) to wtimer.c - locks in ddraw_draw_sprite

> No, it's ddraw_draw sprite, or should be. The reason is that draw_sprite()
> is just a vtable wrapper defined in include/allegro/inline/draw.inl:
>

> > But then, in two
> > programs I have, one time it calls a lot of EnterCriticalSection, in the
> > other it doesn't.
>
> Check for colour conversions from an 8 bit source.

> Evert

New insight. Did some debugging yesterday and learned a lot about memory
bitmaps versus system bitmaps. My confusion arised from the fact that using
memory or system bitmaps with draw_sprite, draw_sprite_h_flip or similar
always works the same, except ONE case: system bitmaps in draw_sprite are
actually accelerated, all other combinations use software rendering. THAT I
did not read in the documentation, so I was thinking that using system
memory should always be the better choice.

@Evert: I don't have any 8bit-colors in my progs. Everything is 16bit...

Well, the question for locks then remains for only ddraw_draw_sprite, and
there I do not at all understand the coding and why all the locking and
unlocking is there as it is. Maybe I'll just try to apply some changes and
see what happens then...

best regards
tobing