Re: [AD] Miscelaneous issues

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 09:53 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > Well, if we don't support colors, it still should be almost a one-line
> > change. If we support colors - might do it with just a C function.
>
> Well, the only problem would be with a fg colour >= 0, in which case the
> fonts own colours are ignored and the glyph is rendered with a solid
> colour. Even if writing a simple C function that just does a double forloop
> and get/put pixel (ugh) would be a way to do this, it's a bit more than I
> have time to do at present.
> On the other hand, we could just ignore the fg parameter completely for
> true colour fonts. Maybe that's the best solution, although it is strictly
> speaking a change of behavior from previous versions. Old code would be
> unaffected though, since true colour fonts were never supported before.

Yes, I think if truecolor fonts just ignore the color, it would work.
The docs would mention that this is only temporarily and likely to
change. About the C version.. according to that one thread on a.cc a C
version (or a C version for each color depth) may be the best we can do
anyway, the i386 asm versions we have of other function don't seem that
optimal on todays HW anymore..

--
Elias Pschernig