Re: [AD] Patch to thanks._tx and demo.c

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 22:12 +0000, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> On 2005-02-13, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > thanks._tx isn't in UTF8 format - I think we should convert it. Or
> > would that break makedoc? Grzegorz?
>
> Makedoc wouldn't mind, but there is not much point in having a
> single file in utf8 while everything else is still latin1. The
> problem is in demo.c for not calling set_uformat(U_ASCII) during
> startup or uconvert_ascii() during text loading.

Well, since makedoc doesn't care.. maybe we should make all ._tx files
UTF8, and specify that UTF8 is the encoding of the _tx file type? I
somehow like to remove all notion of those ancient encodings whenever I
encounter them :) (And since it seems we want to make allegro after
4.2.0 use only utf8 and get rid of set_uformat, it seems a bad time to
introduce it now in the demo.)

--
Elias Pschernig