Re: [AD] make failing on mkdir

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 21:25 +0100, Daniel Schlyder wrote:

> Maybe the wildcard function in his version of Make behaves differently.

Someone should file a bug report to the gnu make developers. But then,
make and all the autotools seem to be like this - if something works
with one version of the tool and on one platform, then you can be sure
if won't work with another version of on another platform :| (I wonder
what the source of make or any gnu autotools looks like - probably the
biggest mess you can imagine :P)

> > Adding - infront of mkdir will indeed get rid of the error, but has another
> > problem associated with it (which is why it isn't included by default):
> > mkdir can fail for legitimate reasons too, in which case you don't want to
> > ignore the error.
> > I'm not sure what to do, but I suppose we should try to find out why this
> > isn't detecting that those directories already exist...
>
> Maybe change command on Windows to use batch scripting:
>
> if not exist DIR ( mkdir DIR )
>
> ? Do all Windows versions support this?

Doesn't the windows mkdir support something like the -p option? It could
just be used then, and mkdir called on all install dirs, no matter if
they exist.

--
Elias Pschernig