Re: [AD] make failing on mkdir

Matthew Leverton:
> This is what happens:
>
> C:\code\allegro>>make installall STATICLINK=1
> make msg lib install
> make[1]: Entering directory `C:/code/allegro'
> Compiling Allegro for MSVC, optimised statically linked. Please wait...
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `lib'.
> mkdir  C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\VC98\lib
> A subdirectory or file C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\VC98\lib already exists.
> make[1]: *** [create-install-dirs] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/code/allegro'
> make: *** [installall] Error 2

Strange. What version of Make are you using?

Evert Glebbeek:
> Bloody &^!%%&@!&!@^**(

Yeah. :(

> This should be fixed now... I'm not sure what the problem is:

Maybe the wildcard function in his version of Make behaves differently.

> Adding - infront of mkdir will indeed get rid of the error, but has another
> problem associated with it (which is why it isn't included by default):
> mkdir can fail for legitimate reasons too, in which case you don't want to
> ignore the error.
> I'm not sure what to do, but I suppose we should try to find out why this
> isn't detecting that those directories already exist...

Maybe change command on Windows to use batch scripting:

if not exist DIR ( mkdir DIR )

? Do all Windows versions support this?

Or maybe check output of $(shell cd DIR) to determine if DIR exists? Does cd
output anything on other platforms on success?

--
Daniel Schlyder
http://bitblaze.com/