From: alleg-developers-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:alleg-developers-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of aj
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 4:47 AM
To: alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AD] int vs long

i think we need to allow native support of int.
that means,  int  on a 32bit compiler should naturally be 32bits, on a
64bit compiler it should be 64bits.   so that it remains fast.
is it really wise to be calling an  int  a int32_t  when it should
default
to the native int size ?
why force an int  to 32bit on a 64bit system ?   it may be slower.

can we just stop using 'long', and instead use  'unsiged int'     as
this
is going to be the most flexible.