Re: [AD] mouse state variables and poll_mouse

Chris wrote:
> Marcio Afonso Arimura Fialho wrote:
> >   It would be interesting if a way for reverting
> > the assyncronous update mode where provided. e.g.,
> > through a set_mouse_driver_mode funcion.
>
> Any particular reason? I can't think of a scenario
> where you'd want to
> switch to polling and then back to asynchronous.

Besides the scenario given by Evert, reverting back to
assyncronous mode could save some calls to
poll_mouse();

I've never needed it, but It seems odd to me that
after you change to polling mode you cannot go back to
assyncronous mode. Perhaps someday, someone might need
to revert to assyncronous mode after using polling
mode (eg., if the programmer wishes to offer to the
user of his game the possibility of setting back and
forth between assyncronous and polling mode).

By the way, why does Allegro offers an assyncronous
mouse state update? Isn't the polling mode alone
enough?

Marcio.

http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/