Re: [AD] Re: Serious Bugs in the DJGPP port of ALLEGRO in 4.1.17

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 08:29 -0500, Chris La Mantia wrote:
> From: "Peter Wang" <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > Let me rephrase that: 4.2.x is most likely the last branch to support
> > djgpp.  Don't bother pushing harder to take it out.
>
> The DJGPP port is far more useful than the BEOS port.  I'll bet just about
> any DOS application being written now uses Allegro as it's base.

If someone writes and maintain DOS drivers again for 4.4, we would of
course accept them. It's just, the internal structure changed somewhat,
which makes porting over the 4.2 drivers a non trivial task, and none of
the current developers will do it. I'm not sure we will have BeOS and
QNX ports at first - but they are more similar to the others than DOS,
so easier to port over. But the work is concentrated on
linux/windows/osx.

But in any case, as long as 4.2.0 will be the latest stable, it will be
maintained and 4.2.1 4.2.2 and so on might be released, all of course
with djgpp support, since 4.4 is probably years away.

--
Elias Pschernig