Re: [AD] AMD64 patch

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

I'm planning to commit this in a couple of days.  If it breaks
compilation on some systems, we can fix it afterwards.  How's that for
everyone?

I was thinking... shouldn't we include something like allegro/stdint.h,
which just includes stdint.h if available, and otherwise defines its own
integer types?

That's possibly a better idea than what I'm doing at the moment. I'll take a look at it before commiting.

Btw, according to the autoconf manual it is better to include inttypes.h than stdint.h, since C99 requires that inttypes.h include stdint.h, and some older systems have inttypes.h but not stdint.h.

By the way, did you experience any problems when trying to load bitmaps? I
posted a patch a couple of weeks ago replacing some longs with ints in the
.bmp file reader, because the struct requires 32 bit integers in some cases
where Allegro's code has longs. I assume that would be a nescessary
addition too, wouldn't it? Or is this in your patch too and did I simply
overlook it?

I didn't notice any problems, but please repost the patch.

Peter