Re: [AD] AMD64 patch

Eric Botcazou wrote:

Here is a first patch to get the C port of Allegro to work on X running
on an AMD64 machine.  I guess it helps for other 64-bit architectures
too.  It relies on the stdint.h being present, at the moment.

Works fine here, compiled with GCC 3.4.x and --enable-strictwarn. The test program and the grabber appear to be ok, but the demo is unplayable because of sync problems and/or keyboard unresponsiveness. It's on Mandrake 10.

I also get X async errors more frequently than on x86, which tend to go away if you run from gdb. So I don't think the problem is with my patch, but with the X port itself.

Attached is another patch. Many of my changes from `long' to `int' (e.g. for holding pixel values) were not really necessary so reverted those. Also, addresses are now stored in uintptr_t's instead of intptr_t's. I also tried to handle cases where stdint.h might not be available by #define'ing the types where necessary.

I've tested the patch on linux/x86, linux/x86_64, djgpp, mingw32 and OpenWatcom 1.3. It still needs someone to test it on MSVC, MacOS X, BeOS, QNX and BCC. The last four are probably slightly broken by the patch. Older versions of Watcom might be missing stdint.h, and therefore be broken also (who really cares? ;-)

Peter