Re: [AD] Merged in 4.1.17 into new_api_branch

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

I think we should fork off 4.2 when it becomes stable, similar to how 4.0 was forked off, then replace mainline with the contentx of new_api_branch and then close down (at least for now) new_api_branch.

That's what I think, too.

In fact, I was even contemplating wether or not it would be a good idea to do the flip before that time and split off 4.2 before its release date. The idea behind this that I'd like to get the stuff into mainline before Peter's time becomes too limited again (I think he said he would have a busier semester after Januari/Februari?). On the whole, I don't think this would be a good idea in general though.

It doesn't actually matter what is in which branch. The switch would only be symbolic, I think.

What is the problem exactly...? I couldn't see any way to only grant acces for a specific module...

That's not possible with CVS.

Peter