Re: [AD] Documentation update

On Saturday 27 November 2004 22:32, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Just out of interest: Is there some rule which ' is used when? I agree
> that it should be consistent, and most of the docs seem to use the `...'
> one.. but personally I would always have used just ', so this makes me
> wonder now.

In printed text, the apostrophes (sp?) that enclose a text are usually
labeled 69, that is, one with the fat dot on the lower hand and curving
upward to the left at the start, and one with the fat dot on the top and
curving down to the right at the end. To input these in TeX, one uses `
and ' respectively. In effect, it makes the ASCII text look more like
printed text.

> non-zero is better, I think - not sure about this one though.

I think you're right.

> And thanks again for keeping up the docs improvement front :)

hear, hear. :)

Evert