Re: [AD] Documentation update

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 13:06 +0000, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> Attached proposed documentation update.

> -via the 'screen' bitmap. All the Allegro graphics routines draw onto BITMAP
> +via the `screen' bitmap. All the Allegro graphics routines draw onto BITMAP

Just out of interest: Is there some rule which ' is used when? I agree
that it should be consistent, and most of the docs seem to use the `...'
one.. but personally I would always have used just ', so this makes me
wonder now.

> +      /* Create a 10 pixel tall bitmap, wide as the screen. */

as wide as

> +   be created. Remember to free later this bitmap to avoid memory leaks.

this bitmap later

And the same again further down.

> +   the parent bitmap to avoid memory leaks and potential crashes accesing

accessing

> -Warning: when using truecolor images, you should always set the graphics
> -mode before loading any bitmap data! Otherwise the pixel format (RGB or BGR)
> -will not be known, so the file may be converted wrongly.
> +In the beginnin Allegro only supported 8 bit color depth graphics. When
> +support for truecolor was added a small oddity was found: some graphic cards
> +used the pixel format BGR instead of the usual RGB. The result was that a
> +correct graphic would be displayed with weird colors on the screen because
> +Allegro assumed RGB was the correct format. Unfortunately Allegro is unable
> +to tell what pixel format does a video card use until a graphic mode is set
> +successfully by calling set_gfx_mode().

Can we just keep the original formulation? It is much clearer IMHO :)

> +   Returns non zero on error.

non-zero is better, I think - not sure about this one though.

And thanks again for keeping up the docs improvement front :)

Oh, btw, I started looking closer to the makedoc CVS module, and got it
to work now. I even hacked together a _tx -> xml converter, which was
much easier than expected, thanks to Python :)

And, about the allegro.dtd... hm, actually - I'll make a new post for
that.

--
Elias Pschernig