Re: [AD] XOR drawing under X11 (and what is _xwin_in_gfx_call)

Chris wrote:

Elias Pschernig wrote:

Yes, I must admit, I tried sneaking in that naming change :) The
underscore should only be used for non-static functions IMHO. I think
that's how it is already handled in other parts of the source (not in
the x11 ones). Probably should update hacking.txt with info about this.

Yeah, I did kinda wonder why even static functions were prefixed. AFAIK, the prefix was to avoid name clashes, but you don't really need to worry about that with static functions.

So I guess if it's a vote, I don't mind static functions not being prefixed.

That's preferred, but stay consistent within the existing file/module, unless you plan to fix the entire file/module (in which case it should be done in a separate patch).

Weren't we going to drop the SIGALRM version anyway? When do we plan on doing that?

From 4.3 onwards.

Peter