Re: Fwd: Re: [AD] Mouse cusor documentation

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 06:32 -0400, Ryan Patterson wrote:
> For some reason, SourceForge has blacklisted strangesoft's emails so I
> can't send emails directly. Thanks for kazzmir for forwarding the first,
> and CGames for this. Hopefully strangesoft will be removed the blacklist
> soon enough.

Hm, yes, SF likes to do things like that :|

> Then when you setup:
>
> enable_hardware_mouse();
> if(gfx_capabilities & ALLEGRO_HW_MOUSE)
>     show_mouse(screen);

Yes - but it wouldn't be always reliable (and currently, doesn't wotk at
all). I think, exposing another function (which makes sense internally
anyway) would be better than making all the mouse cursor related
functions update that flag. It would be much simpler if the flag just is
set as long as a HW cursor is actually being displayed (as it is now
according to the docs) - and functions like set_mouse_sprite or
select_mouse_cursor would not need to care at all.

--
Elias Pschernig