Re: [AD] Undocumented number of timer functions

Elias Pschernig wrote:
On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 20:12 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:

Timer drivers can implement their own install_int, etc. methods but I don't think any of them do. In that case they fall back on the default implementation in timer.c, which can only hold 16 timers (see MAX_TIMERS in aintern.h). Moreover, Allegro can use some of these itself (a quick look: mouse cursor drawing, keyboard rate handling, MIDI playing, the digital sound sweep effect and FLIC playing can all use timer interrupts).

Probably the above should be added to the docs, so users know they
should use timer callbacks sparingly.

I thought it was in the docs? Unless it was removed.. I remember specificly reading the Allegro can only handle 16 timers total and that parts of Allegro itself use those timers. In Windows, the mixer callback (which handles the sweep effects) is in a timer, but in Linux it's in the bg manager thread.

- Kitty Cat