Re: [AD] Undocumented number of timer functions

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:

The documentation doesn't say explicitly how many timer functions
a user can register.  A small test under linux gives me about
1000 timers before install_int returns different than zero.

I think your test is wrong.

What
about other platform restrictions? Even if possible, should the
documentation recommend to not install more than X timers for
performance issues or portability?

Timer drivers can implement their own install_int, etc. methods but I don't think any of them do. In that case they fall back on the default implementation in timer.c, which can only hold 16 timers (see MAX_TIMERS in aintern.h). Moreover, Allegro can use some of these itself (a quick look: mouse cursor drawing, keyboard rate handling, MIDI playing, the digital sound sweep effect and FLIC playing can all use timer interrupts).

Peter