RE: [AD] standing Windows issues

Windows
> port could look into these (esp. the last two).
>
> There was also some discussion about a new DirectX 8 (or 7?) driver;
has
> anyone had a chance to look into this?
I'm waiting for a consensus or something resembling one.

Also, I've found more issues, mostly dealing with the dibsound sample:

1) By default dibsound is compiled and/or linked incorrectly, causing it
to hang when the file open dialog is brought up.
* I'm still not sure what's happening here - I messed around with some
settings in VC6 and got it to work, but I'm not sure how...

2) Sound does not appear to work at all (Windows 2000). I did some
debugging and evidently it's using the directsound driver with the new
allegro mixer and virtual sources - but nothing is coming out :(.  I'll
look into this some more...

I'm talking about cvs from a few days ago though - mayby it was fixed.

Ryan