Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

What's wrong with that? Does it interfere with X or does X interfere with it, or something?

We're bypassing the X protocol which we're using for other things and talking to the hardware directly. I'm afraid this is more likely to break on other hardware or other UNIX versions. In other words, I don't think it's very reliable as a solution.

Also, the X server is likely to apply some sort of acceleration factor to the raw mouse input. If get_mouse_mickeys() return values are supposed to correspond to the cursor on screen, we'd have to emulate this acceleration factor.

Plus, /dev/mouse isn't the right place to read from if the program is running remotely.

Peter