Re: [AD] CVS Access

On Thursday 05 August 2004 17:05, Bobby Ferris wrote:
> ok.... how do i make a patch again though?

If you want to do it as I usually do it, you'll need to have an unpatched
version of Allegro in a seperate directory, eg you could have the
directory tree

programming
   allegro
   allegro-devel

where allegro is an unmodified version of Allegro, and allegro-devel is the
version with your modifications. Then you can just do

diff -u allegro allegro-devel > mypatch.diff

or specify complete pathnames, eg, diff -u allegro/src/somefile.c
allegro-devel/src/somefile.c.
Alternatively, you can copy the original file, make your modifications, and
just diff those two files. You don't need to have a seperate Allegro tree
for that, but your source directory will get cluttered with old files.

Finally, you can use "cvs diff -u " to get a diff against the current CVS
tree. This I don't recommend unless you know your local tree is up to date
with the CVS tree except for the changes you have just made.

Evert