Re: [AD] proposed patch for nicer asm symbols exports

Sam Hocevar wrote:
   No, only the text segment (== the code and various constant stuff) is
shared across programs.

Oh, ok. Still, what about stretch_blit? That uses self-modifying code on x86 asm.

   But modern operating systems have ways to share the display (through
windowed contexts) and the sound device, and your window handle
definitely does not change when the video mode changes.

Yes, but I was under the impression that Allegro's display-related variables were shared between programs (ie. one sets "screen = NULL", the other sees "screen == NULL").

   I don't quite understand, here. At least on X11, OS X and DirectX,
the screen is not shared between applications, each instance of
liballegro has a handle to its display area and the operating system
multiplexes them on screen.

Right. Again, I thought that things like Allegro's screen variable, and all associated resources, were shared between programs. You said this wasn't the case though, so you can forget what I said (mostly).

- Kitty Cat