Re: [AD] abort on exit in X port

Peter Wang wrote:
Was your backtrace anything like mine?

Not when I got SIGTRAP. When I get that, the first few backtraces are in pthread_getconcurrency (or somesuch), then followed by a few other pthread functions, a bunch of ??'s, until finally getting a message that the stackframe may be corrupt. Wghen I get SIGABRT though, yeah the first few functions are in X.

Tried with release and debug builds, shared.

In case it helps: gdb is utterly useless with threaded programs if the copy of libpthread on your system has been stripped. In my case I tried a special 'debug' glibc package for Slackware -- which also had stripped libraries (err, oops!). I built my own glibc/LinuxThreads making sure the libraries weren't stripped, after which gdb was was back to its normal self.

Yeah, this seems to be a problem with Gentoo as well.. the default pthreads lib is stripped. I don't know how easy it will be to replace it though so it doesn't get stripped.

- Kitty Cat