Re: [AD] abort on exit in X port

Chris wrote:

Peter Wang wrote:

I've been meaning to bring this up but kept forgetting. Is anyone else getting SIGABRTs when Allegro programs exit, in the X port?

Yes! I thought it was just me or my programs. However, whenever I try to get it with gdb, I always end up getting a SIGTRAP signal, and an unusable (possibly corrupt) backtrace. The times I do get SIGABRT is no more useful. I believe I was getting them in 4.1.14 too, but it only started when I reinstalled Gentoo. Before then, it was fine.

Was your backtrace anything like mine? I compiled Allegro in debug mode & statically linked.

In case it helps: gdb is utterly useless with threaded programs if the copy of libpthread on your system has been stripped. In my case I tried a special 'debug' glibc package for Slackware -- which also had stripped libraries (err, oops!). I built my own glibc/LinuxThreads making sure the libraries weren't stripped, after which gdb was was back to its normal self.

Peter