Re: [AD] New possible driver and accelerated features?

> DX 8 and 9 (and I thought 7, too) has DirectGraphics,
which replace
> DDraw and D3D, yes.. which is good since it merges 2D and
3D
> functionality. Just like OpenGL. It will really be
beneficial for future
> development, IMO.

What would really be ideal (and I'm dreaming) is if we use
Direct3D
and OpenGL only, and being able to choose which one,
much like good professional games do.

Of course, there are a lot of issues with this...  getting
people to agree
on a usable 3d api etc. etc.

Plus, I'm not sure if that's appropriate for the target
audience...

Ryan