Re: [AD] Magic main UNIX, final (?) take

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 August 2004 11:18, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> >    This means that legacy programs will no longer compile.
>
> Not quite.
> From include/allegro/internal/alconfig.h:

   Ah, you're right. Sorry, I missed that part.

> >    And this means that a program built against the old allegro will
> > not run with the newest; I think it's better to keep __crt0_argc and
> > __crt0_argv even if we don't use them.
>
> Possibly. I'm not sure we really need to though though, as the Allegro
> shared library is not nescessarily binary compatible for WIP releases
> anyway.

   Well, the WIP will become a release one day, won't it? Or are you
just suggesting that by the time it does, we'll have got rid of __crt0_*
completely?

> (It's actually annoying that it gets linked to liballeg.so.4.1. For a WIP
> it would make more sense to link against liballeg-4.1.x.so directly IMO).

   In fact it should link with liballeg-4.1.so and liballeg-4.1.so
should be a symbolic link to the real library liballeg-4.1.so.x.

--
Sam.