Re: [AD] Magic main UNIX, final (?) take

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 11:18, Sam Hocevar wrote:
>    This means that legacy programs will no longer compile.

Not quite.
From include/allegro/internal/alconfig.h:

#ifndef END_OF_MAIN
   #define END_OF_MAIN()
#endif

Allegro already has a default END_OF_MAIN() definition if no platform
overrides it.

>    And this means that a program built against the old allegro will
> not run with the newest; I think it's better to keep __crt0_argc and
> __crt0_argv even if we don't use them.

Possibly. I'm not sure we really need to though though, as the Allegro
shared library is not nescessarily binary compatible for WIP releases
anyway.
(It's actually annoying that it gets linked to liballeg.so.4.1. For a WIP
it would make more sense to link against liballeg-4.1.x.so directly IMO).

Evert