[AD] New gfx api

Checked it out, and ported the changes I made to the graphics code to it.
The attached patch contains a good deal of the inversion to convert the
old display API with a newer one (essentially, the one I posted earlier). The underlying gfx_driver structure has not changed though, so this does
not add actual new functionality (well, transparent triple/double
buffering) to the code, although it should be flexible enough to do more
than the current code does.

Checked out your patch, and looks cool, it can be applied for me; any needed fix can be applied later.
One thing: aren't displays supposed to be event sources?

I was thinking about this whole events stuff... Currently, you have to create at least one event queue and attach event sources to it. Then you regularly query this queue for events. This requires some lines of code to initialize a program that properly gets input. Can't we have an internal global queue, on which all event sources are automatically attached when created? Then an user could just specify NULL as event queue and this global queue is used instead. What do you think?

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx