Re: [AD] Magic main in Windows

On Monday 02 August 2004 15:25, Sam Hocevar wrote:
>    I fully agree. I'd say drop it: applications know how they are called
> anyway, don't they?

They know how, but they don't know where they are in the filesystem.
The main use of get_executable_name is to find the path where the
executable is in order to locate the game data files.
This makes sense in Windows, but not much in *nix anyway, at least for
well-behaved applications. So it's use is limited.
Having this functionality eases porting Windows programs though.

Evert