Re: [AD] Magic main in Windows

On Monday 02 August 2004 14:37, Sam Hocevar wrote:
>    That would be nice indeed, though I'd have done it the GTK+ way:
> having allegro_init() accept argc and argv as arguments, or 0/NULL, so
> that no ugly /proc parsing is necessary (on my grsec laptop, non-root
> users cannot browse /proc except for specific cases).

We can't change the prototype for allegro_init(), although it would be
possible to add a function to the API that explicitly passes argc and argv
to Allegro, as Peter suggested. If not called, the current (well, current
in my local tree anyway) scheme using procfs and ps as fallback is used.
If called, the argv[0] can be used in preference to ps.
Although I feel this is starting to be a bit much for a function that is
likely little-used anyway. ;)

Evert