Re: [AD] Magic main in Windows

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
I'm not sure that this helps with platform independence

Yeah it does, because the define that expands al_main can create any entry point function that does anything it needs. It can create WinMain in Windows, and main everywhere else. As well, for OSX it could create a main that starts a thread explicitly at al_main, leaving main to do the special input thread stuff.

I certainly won't be happy if a lot of Allegro programs suddenly start using WinMains.

I don't see why they would have to?

- kitty Cat