Re: [AD] Magic main in Windows

On Monday 02 August 2004 10:42, Chris wrote:
> They wouldn't be required to use al_main. As I said in the reply, to
> disable this behavior, all you have to do is not create an al_main
> function. That way, al_main will never be replaced with the define that
> creates main/WinMain (because it doesn't exist).

I'm not sure that this helps with platform independence, which I think is
the main reason we need to change main to WinMain on Windows.
(Or turn WinMain into main, depending on your point of view).

I certainly won't be happy if a lot of Allegro programs suddenly start
using WinMains.

This reminds me, I had some reasonable succes using Allegro (with the GDI
driver) with winelib to compile a Windows program that had a custom
WinMain a while back. I'll see if I can dig up what it took me to get that
working, as it may be worth a footnote in the docs somewhere.

Evert