Re: [AD] Magic main in Windows

> We should try it with MSVC I guess. It looks like normal main() just
> works in Windows. Oh, and I'm cc-ing this to Eric, he is the windows
> expert, maybe he remembers a reason why END_OF_MAIN is needed there.

IIRC this was needed for RSXNTDJ, because the linker was using the presence
of Winmain to decide which type of application (GUI vs console) to build.  I
think this is not really needed for MinGW/MSVC/BCC, because they all allow
the user to specify the type at link-time (see the Allegro makefiles).

However the latter assertion should be carefully checked.  Also note that
making the change means that Allegro would deviate from the canonical
practice of the last 15 years on Windows.

P.S.: for a previous discussion about all this stuff, see
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=5661074

--
Eric Botcazou