Re: [AD] minor fix

On July 5, 2004 05:34 am, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 15:06 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > (also maybe less important nowadays)
> > - ALSA driver should try different parameters when it cannot set the
> >   parameters it wants the first time, ie. because the sound card is crap
> > (fixed by now?)
>
> I think this can also be removed, unless we get a bug report about it.
> The problems Tomasu is having with Alsa apparently are not that
> something can not be set, but that Allegro's polling approach doesn't
> work very well with Alsa. But we might put a threaded Alsa driver on the
> wishlist - like the SGI one.

I have a perfectly working (for me) threaded ALSA driver for a little audio
playing lib I was working on. Never had a problem with CPU usage.. Maybe I'll
send it to someone to test before I throw it into a patch for allegro?

I'll also go see what some of those software and hardware param functions and
options are good for... No guaranees though ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx