Re: [AD] WIP 4.1.15 and CVS freeze

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
It's been a while, but I think a DWORD in Windows is a signed 32-bit integer?

Actually, I believe it's unsigned. WORD is an unsigned short (16-bit) in Windows, so DWORD word be double-word, which would be unsigned int/long (32-bit).

Along that, we can athen lso get rid of all "long" values,
since that type makes little sense, given it is the same as int on most
32-bit platforms (and probably 64-bit as well).

Is this true of MSVC as well? For the 64 bit target, I think it makes int 32 bit
and a long 64 bit.

I really think the only thing we can do for 64-bit platforms is post a big warning sign that Your Mileage May Vary, until we get something in place that we can be sure of the proper sizes of integer types. This is also the only way I can see resolving the long/int compatibility problems between Windows and GCC.

- Kitty Cat