Re: [AD] WIP 4.1.15 and CVS freeze

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 14:25 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> In preparation for releasing WIP 4.1.15 next week, I propose to freeze the
> CVS tree, except for minor bugfixes and documentation updates, in the
> night from tuesday the 27th to wednesday the 28.
> I don't know how long it will take me to build the release, but I would
> rather take a little more time than I have to and get it done earlier than
> be pressed for time or doing a sloppy release.
>
> Are there many major things that need to be done before that time?

I just applied the asm color converters fix, so for me that leaves the
yield_timeslice patch.

Since we agreed that there will be another function with higher
precision which can be used to do more exact waiting, and "rest" will be
there to have a way to give up CPU, the rest(0) behavior and
yield_timeslice deprecation is settled I guess.

Changing rest(long) to rest(unsigned long) makes a lot of sense in my
opinion, and will not break old programs (negative numbers never were
allowed), so I'm tending to just apply it, and then work on updating the
GUI to use rest instead of yield_timeslice.

--
Elias Pschernig