Re: [AD] rest and yield_timeslice

On Monday 19 July 2004 17:02, Chris wrote:
> I remember being told that they weren't depricated because they were
> going to be removed.. they were depricated because they were inferior
> with no support, past bug fixing.

Indeed. That said, I do dislike the *_ex naming convention... I'd much
rather have the original name with an additional parameter.
That would break existing code, though, and I consider the _ex naming
scheme to be the lesser evil.

> 4.2 is way too early. As I said in this email, which is what Shawn has
> said.. if you're going to break the API, do it once. If you continually
> break the API, nobody's going to stick with it. 4.2 is way to close for
> that. We don't have much to change other than removing a few function
> names.. and I hardly think that's worth an API break.

It will be a few more WIP releases before 4.2. I would like a large
fraction of the items currently on the todo and wish list to be fixed
first.
But perhaps we can consider when we would like a 4.2 release. Christmas?
New Year? That may be doable.

Evert