Re: [AD] WIP 4.1.15 and CVS freeze

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 16:00 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On Friday 30 July 2004 15:00, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > I think, we should add "Wait for a report that compilation is working
> > for at least Windows, Linux and OSX - and don't do any changes without
> > re-testing" around step 15 or 16 to the release process :)
>
> Makes sense. Problem is, things were working, until I tried to merge
> Grzegorz' documentation patches right before I made the release, figuring
> that wouldn't break anything. Well, somehow something did break when I
> tried to merge it, and when I fixed that, I accidentally broke the OS X
> version and forgot to include demo.dat again.
>
> With hindsight, it would have been easier to not include the final
> documentation patch in this WIP afterall. But well, as they say...
> hindsight and all that.

Yes, I know.. there seems to be some hidden law stating that this always
happens the first time. That's why i added "and don't do any changes
without re-testing" to my formulation.. but in any case, this is only a
WIP release, so no big problem. And now hopefully everythign works :)

--
Elias Pschernig