Re: [AD] x color conversion again (w/ responsiveness patch)

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 10:15 -0700, Chris wrote:
> A small thought before I try to get back into bed.. do you think the
> signal handler callback is be being called from a seperate thread, much
> like the close button callback? If so, that could possibly be causing
> problems with X, couldn't it? Would explain why I got the async response
> error before.
>
> Though, with the inability to find not only a good method for fixing the
> problem, but also introducing more unexplainable problems, I think the
> best thing to do for the sigalrm version is to only patch the pthreads
> version and have the *_needs_poll functions return TRUE for the sigalrm
> version (with the signal input handler running as it did in 4.1.14).

No, I set gdb to stop on the SIGALRM signal, and it enters into the one
running main thread. I'm still hoping there's something in the asm
converters, which doesn't cause problems with threads (and therefore in
windows and threaded X11) - but well, causes problems with signals.
Wasn't there a similiar problem not allowing floating point inside
timers, when using non-threaded versions?

--
Elias Pschernig