Re: [AD] x color conversion again (w/ responsiveness patch)

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 20:16 +0200, Henrik Stokseth wrote:
> "Chris" <kcat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I have a feeling it's dying in a signal, which would explain the bad
> > backtrace.
>
> Tip: For debugging aid, check out strace. Strace should be included with
> your linux or unix distribution. Check out the strace manpage.

I knew about strance, but not how to use it in this case. Would we have
found the problem easier with it?

Basically, there is nothing wrong. The asm code writes past the stack -
but as long as it does that in its own thread, there's no problem. Only
with the signals version - it shares the stack with signals interrupting
it. So it crashes there. Strace wouldn't have shown too much I think.

--
Elias Pschernig