Re: [AD] allegro introduction on the website

On Saturday 31 July 2004 18:58, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Well, I saw it when translating, but sort of ignored it. After Peter
> wondered in #allegro if we should ask Korval to change the name of
> AllegroPro (since it is not related to Allegro 4, and Allegro 4 actually
> is being developed again now),

Well, I think he should change it simply because it sounds sortof silly to
begin with. I'm not sure it matters with respect to Allegro 4 being
developed or not., although I agree it could be confusing to have several
libraries with the same base name floating around.
As it stands, I'm not sure if it will actually reach a point where that
becomes an issue any time soon though. In particular, I'm not sure how
platform independent it's going to be in the end.
Time will tell, I guess.

> I remembered it, and everyone agreed it
> sounds too negative to be on the website, as introduction to Allegro.

Oh, I second that. It does sound way too negative. Besides, as we continue
to improve some parts of Allegro, not all those things may be true anymore
in a while.

Evert